Using CALLBACK with DISA

Versions: freepbx 2.5.1.2, Callback 2.5.0.3, asterisk 1.4.24.1, asterisknow 1.5.

Have configured an inbound route to a CALLBACK. When we dial in, we correctly get the busy signal, then the hang up, and then we wait. When the CB executes, the CB’s CID displayed on the user’s phone is 4165551234.

Where does this number come from (i.e. conf file) and can we safely change it?

Thanks,
/S

How about providing some real information as we are not psychic… We know nothing about how you have configured anything…

See: http://www.freepbx.org/forum/freepbx/installation/so-you-have-a-problem-and-want-help and please provide a call trace showing the problem.

“…real information,” eh.

Firstly, since “4165551234” isn’t a real DID or anything, I was hoping it was a flag to those in the know where a such a place-holder type number may be squirreled away in the vastness that is asteisk and freepbx.

Secondly, I never know how much or how little to provide and it always seems that that regardless somebody comes a long a says look in “xyz.abc” and bingo we’re done.

Examination (or investigation) continues form the general to the specific, with each being as specific as they know to be on each iteration.

At the standard asterisk -r level, the 4165551234 does NOT appear in the output. I have done a grep -r “*5551234” /var and /etc and cannot find a file with same.

So, specifically,

Do you still need the CLI output, and if so, at what -vvvvvv level.

-and-

Is there something else.

Thanks all,

Yes a cli trace, with the verbose set to at least 3 if not 5 as it will give more details. The number pattern does not exist anyplace in the code so it is defined someplace in your setup somewhere.

You have still not provided any real info. By that I mean what type of trunks are you using, POTS, PRI, ISDN, SIP, IAX, T1 trunks? If it is a PRI, T1/E1 trunk it’s possible that the 416 areacode (is that the area code you live in?) is fixed thanks to your provider. If it is a POTS line then it’s totally your provider as you can’t set that on a POTS line.

Please start by providing details so we are not playing the you need to provide info game. Anything more then what you provided would be more help then trying to justify why you think you didn’t need to provide any.

Think about it, We don’t know what type of phones you are using, trunks, dial patterns and routes, etc. Yes phone info is not needed at this point but trunks (type and configuration), routes (in and out), and any customizations you might have done in the extensions_custom.conf are all very valid at this moment so that we know how calls are handled.

Heck we don’t even know what country you are in to remove some of the variables (like E1 trunks, non-north american dial patterns, etc).

We are trying to help but at this moment it’s a guessing game.

“…The number pattern does not exist anyplace in the code so it is defined someplace in your setup somewhere.”

Thank you.

“…Anything more then what you provided would be more help then trying to justify why you think you didn’t need to provide any.”

Please. Don’t. If you’ve got more in-lind, then lets go by private message and leave the public forum to the Q&A merits.

And … we can now mark the thread resolved.

/S