Userman Users - Create via CLI

I have been using Saltstack for configuration management and provisioning of FreePBX distro systems within my datacenter, and have been trying to do as much as I can without manually touching the web UI. Base configuration of local user accounts, security policy, certificate installation, module activation and updating, etc.
In doing so, I have made heavy use of the “fwconsole” commands to help facilitate this.

I have been asked to see about adding some “role-based” administrative accounts to the system, for help desk level staff, and was hoping to use the same automation tools in order to create accounts across my fleet of FreePBX systems.

It would appear that there isn’t a way right now in fwconsole to create local users? Is that correct?
Or is there another different way to automate the creation of local administrative users, and assign the administrative roles to said users.
Thanks in advance!

Usage:
  userman [options]

Arguments:
  command               The command to execute

Options:
      --syncall         Syncronize all directories
      --sync=SYNC       Syncronize a single directory by id (obtained from --list)
      --force           Force syncronization
      --list            List directories
  -h, --help            Display this help message
  -q, --quiet           Do not output any message
  -V, --version         Display this application version
      --ansi            Force ANSI output
      --no-ansi         Disable ANSI output
  -n, --no-interaction  Do not ask any interactive question
  -v|vv|vvv, --verbose  Increase the verbosity of messages: 1 for normal output, 2 for more verbose output and 3 for debug

Help:
  User Manager

No. However, you can use bulk handler which basically imports users from a given .csv file.

p.s. did you manage to automate the inbound/outbound process as well using CLI? I unfortunately didn’t (yet).

I will look into that, I already use Bulk Handler for importing DIDs, Phones, Extensions, etc. I didn’t realize it could also set permissions.

Unfortunately I have not been able to automate the inbound/outbound routes using CLI - My automation essentially builds the “base config” which would encompass all elements of a PBX that would be common among my installed base. Things like Trunks are provisioned manually via the web UI. Extensions,DIDs, phones, MAC Addresses, etc. are all imported via CSV.

1 Like