User wants to know when receptionists calls are coming in both ouside and inside

This is difficult to explain so I’ll do my best.

Our receptionist gets calls both internal and external and each have their own ringtone. User1, who covers for receptionist, also gets calls both internal and external and each have their own ringtone.

User1 wants to also receive receptionists phone calls and be able to tell if they are internal or external based on ringtone + keep the ability to receive her own calls and be able to tell if they are internal or external based on ringtone. Currently I have it set up so that receptionist and user1 are in a ring group. That ring group rings as a different ringtone for user1 which allows her to at least know that the call was intended for receptionist. She just can’t tell if it’s internal or external without looking at caller id which might be as good as I can get it.

Is multiple “alert info” a thing? My outside calls get their alert info from the IVR. User1 knows it’s getting a call by alert info on the ring group. If I could put two different alert info’s together, then it would work how they want.

Anyone have a better solution?

Perhaps add a short CID name prefix (so it doesn’t overrun the phones display). Add outbound route filters to suit if you want 'call-backs;

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.