Use Remote MySQL Server for Asterisk Database

In order to increase capacity, I would run MySQL on a separate server. NOT just CDR, but the whole server with all FreePBX 14 (asterisk) tables. I’ve googled this but can only find how to use remote CDRs. I have second server on a 10G connection and I want all database activity on the remote server. Is that doable?

Should be. Not something I’ve done personally, but the FreePBX mysql details are as defined in /etc/freepbx.conf.

1 Like

AFAIK, the general config Database isn’t that large. Only CDR is what’s growing continuously.

We have a CSR GUI for queue agents that is DB intensive and integrated with the FreePBX tables in the asterisk database. Following @lgaetz advice, I modified /etc/freepbx.conf and presto I am using an external SQL server for everything, including CDR with no mods to CDR in advanced settings.

I love when stuff just works without hours of extra work! Thanks, Lorne.

3 Likes

You could post an ‘anonymized’ version of the changes, just to complete the documentation chain.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.