URGENT: Asterisk crashing FreePBX?

When I enter the GUI, it displays the message “Can not connect to Asterisk”. When I start the asterisk manually, the GUI stops responding. How can I solve this? PLEASE ITS URGENT!

Edit: After a while, FreePBX starts the Asterisk, and then, GUI crashs again…

Two logs to investigate,

/var/log/asterisk/full

Will usually show in its last few lines what it doesn’t like,if asterisk is defaulting, then

/var/log/messages

Might give a clue, use the timestamps to cross reference the two files

Figured out that can be a error on my firewall. So, o decided to check, then…

I do not remember to put that rules there. Do you know what can be?
When I remove that rules, it works perfectly.

@dicko it might be some configuration?

Those iptables are from fail2ban, but do not show any rules to block any traffic on your lo interface.

Just post the lines from two logs from just before a crash to just after.

@dicko There’s nothing about crashing, just the phones registering. 192.168.1.8 is my gateway, and that’s why I’m suspicious. Only when I use iptables -F do the connections return to normal.

And there I read

. . .
When I enter the GUI, it displays the message “Can not connect to Asterisk”. When I start the asterisk manually, the GUI stops responding. How can I solve this? PLEASE ITS URGENT!

Edit: After a while, FreePBX starts the Asterisk, and then, GUI crashs again…
. . . .

That was explicitly about crashing and now the thread is about registering ?

Either start a new thread or at least post something substantive. It really will be apparent in the logs, add /var/log/fail2ban.log if you think it relevant . . .

1 Like

@dicko I think I was wrong. I just wanted to say what was contained in that log. The discussion is still about the crash, and in the logs there is nothing very useful. I think it’s still the iptables thing

Well , keep on digging, personally I disagree with the iptables diagnosis, but I guess ‘time will out’ on that one.

To add, could very possibly be that he’s running asterisk as root

oh, yes .-.
Shouldn’t I?

Supposed to start with the Asterisk user

When I try to start with asterisk, it request root

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.