Upgrading to new version from FreePBX/Asterisk v1.4.21.2

I just inherited a pbx running FreePBX 1.4.21.2 on CentOS 5.2. I want to migrate to a new server
that is running the latest FreePBX, so that I can take advantage of new features and bugfixes.
I am aware that I should do incremental upgrades to get to the latest so that all config file formats
are updated correctly, but if one wants to take the core configuration to a new server with the latest
version of OS and FreePBX, is there a process to do this? Just trying to prevent having to start over from
scratch…

Thanks and any help/pointers are appreciated.
Sincerely,
Keith Cooper
Systems Administration

Greenwood Fabricating & Plating, LLC
Greenwood, SC 29646

If you are running FreePBX version 2.9 or later the best way forward is using this script:
http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Elastix+and+PBXinaFlash+to+FreePBX+Distro+Conversion+Tool

If that is not an option, you won’t be able to upgrade a Centos 5.2 system to current, there is no upgrade in place path from Centos 5 to Centos 6. Export what you can from the old system, then reformat the data into CSV files you can use to import on the new system.

1 Like

Yeah - no.

Export all of your pertinent settings (screenshots work for many of these) and set them up by hand. Export your extensions to a CSV file and use the Mass Update program on the new server to get you where you want to go.