Upgrading from version 2.11.0.43

Hi All I am new to Freepbx, so please be gentle. I have started a new role and we currently are using freepbx. the installed version is 2.11.0.43.

As I am new in the role I am looking to upgrade all our systems to up-to-date software. I have limited knowledge of FreePBX. I went to the modules sections to update some modules.

I noticed that there were a lot of modules which were old. I went ahead and ran a backup and then upgraded the modules one at a time. I have limited knowledge of linux based systems but can get on with the tasks at hand.

Some of the modules cannot backup as the PHP version installed is 5.2 and we require 5.33. I did not want to upgrade php until i sought advice. I wanted to check also if it is better for me to upgrade to freebpx 13 rather than just upgrade php which could be the minimalist step to do.

Would I be able to install the software and then load from the backup the or is it better to do incremental upgrades and then reach version 13 this way. Or is my thought process completely simplistic. I am from a windows background so please do not hold this against me!

Thank you in advance for any help provided.

If you are running the official FreePBX Distro, and you have a 64 bit install, you could conceivably upgrde in place all the way to 14:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Updating+FreePBX+Official+Distro

Alternatively, you could set up a brand new system with 14 and migrate your settings from old to new:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Elastix+and+PBXinaFlash+to+FreePBX+Distro+Conversion+Tool

Thank you. I will have a look at both options and decide which is the best option for our company to go with.

I have now gone through setting up on a brand new system and running the conversion tool as per the instructions in the link you provided. Everything seems to have completed across successfully

I am just waiting for Friday when i can do a changeover of machine. I will keep you updated.

Thanks again.

Hi, we had to wait until last week Friday to implement the new server.

Currently there has been no issues, all seems to be okay. Thanks for the help