Upgrading from FreePBX 13 to 14 on centos 6.9

Hi I have a freepbx 13 running on a centos 6.9 server with php 5.3.3.
When I want to upgrade via the admin control panel, I get 2 errors during pre check.

1. nodejs is not installed
  2. PHP 5.6 or higher

When installing php 5.6, I get this error
PHP Fatal error: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 4, whereas the Loader expects 7 in /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/agi-bin/LoadLicenseIfExists.php on line 0
Whoops\Exception\ErrorException: Incompatible file format: The encoded file has format major ID 4, whereas the Loader expects 7 in file /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/agi-bin/LoadLicenseIfExists.php on line 0 Stack trace:

1. () /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/agi-bin/LoadLicenseIfExists.php:0

So I do not understand how to do this, in order to upgrade freepbx I need to upgrade the PHP version, but doing so makes the system unusable?

I’ve read quite some postings about this matter, but these make me confused even more.

So what would be the best thing to do?

1. Upgrade Centos to the latest version 7 and migrate freepbx or do a fresh install?
  2. Update this centos 6.9 some how and keep what’s allready there?
  3. Hire an expert (where?) to let them do it for me?

As one could have expected, I’m no expert on freepbx nor centos, so please consider this if you reply.

As a non-expert, I recommend you run the FreePBX Distro. Install ver. 13 and use Backup and Restore to move your current config or install ver. 14 and use this to migrate your settings:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Elastix+and+PBXinaFlash+to+FreePBX+Distro+Conversion+Tool

1 Like

Hi Lorne,

Thank you for your reply.
And what would be the advice otherwise if it wasn’t a non-expert?

Did you mean to say “Install version 13 with php 5.6 enabled and use Backup and Restore to move your current config”.
Just for argument sake, how to do so on the same server?

I’ve also read in postings from last year that there where plans to be compatible with centos 7 and php7.
What is the present status of that.

Is there a list available of people who do commmercial support for these kind of migrations?

Regards

At present you can choose to install Distro 10.13 (Centos 6.6, FreePBX 13) or you can install Distro SNG7
(Centos 7, FreePBX 14).

You can upgrade from Distro to SNG with this script:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Upgrading+from+FreePBX+10.13.66+to+SNG7

To transfer settings between the same major version, (i.e. from 13 to 13 or 14 to 14) use backup and restore. You can’t backup/restore between non-matching major versions, so the migration script is linked above.

Sangoma has support services, link at the top of the page:

Hi Lorne,

Still the open question:
In order to update/upgrade 13 to 14, the dependency list shows php 5.6
But when installing 5.6, the GUI is broken because of the dependency of zend guard loader with php 5.3

So how would you do this?