Upgrading from asterisk@home 2,8 to latest Install

Hi all

I am just wondering what is the easiest and recommended upgrade route from asterisk@home to the latest stable build.

I have tried in Vain to get a update to work, even though I have done so in the past.

I have tried upgrading Asterisk@home to no avail and have loaded the latest trixbox but there are audio issues on ISDN calls with that build.

I have used Install-ZAPHFC and that seems to work a treat on asterisk@home

My Asterisk is version 1.2.7.1, Zaptel Version 1.2.5, Libpri:1.2.2, and BRIsttuff: bristuff-0.3.0-PRE-1p.

My Kernel: Is 2.6.9-34.EL.

Anytime I used the recomended upgrade, I ended up with broken modules.

I have used the http://www.freepbx.org/support/documentation/installation/upgrading-your-system to the letter, But always end up going from a fully working to a faulty system, But I did have the same box and hardware working with the latest Freepbx build.

I am totally stumped, and I am wondering if there are others who have upgraded thier system from freepbx to the latest update.

Ken

You could just go in and download the latest versions of Asterisk, Asterisk-addons, Zaptel, Libpri and FreePBX and install them. You can get the latest kernel using yum install kernel and yum install kernel-devels as well.

Also, it would depend on if you are wanting to move up to Asterisk 1.4 or 1.2.

I have Trixbox 1.2.3 which I upgraded the Asterisk, Asterisk-addons, etc. to the latest 1.2 versions and freepbx 2.3.0 and it went smooth. The only glitch I ran into was not having all of the current libs and compilers installed.