Upgrade to 2.6 Error

I am trying to upgrade a test server to 2.6.0.RC2.1… all went well till the final “Apply” when the orange box shows the following error right at the top:

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

The more detailed listing starts with this:

exit: 1
Zend Debugger requires Zend Engine API version 220060519.
The Zend Engine API version 220090626 which is installed, is newer.
Contact Zend Technologies at http://www.zend.com/ for a later version of Zend Debugger.

and ends with:

[FATAL] Failed to get engine_info retreive_conf failed to get engine information and cannot configure up a softwitch with out it. Error: ERROR-UNABLE-TO-PARSE

1 error(s) occured, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details

Apparently I am using a newer version of the Zend Engine API than supported? Is this related to the bigger problem of the failure to parse the configuration file?

Suggestions?

the Zend issue should not have anything to do with FreePBX to the best of my knowledge. As far as the error not being able to access Asterisk, it sounds like you may have problems getting to the manager.

Make sure your manager.conf settings are consistent with the FreePBX amportal.conf settings, and that you have localhost properly defined in /etc/hosts.conf.

i did double check the consistency between manager.conf and amportal.conf. this was a fully functional server, and neither amportal.conf nor manager.conf have been modified [they are both date stamped about three months ago]. likewise, all the hosts files are unchanged in the last two years. the upgrades using the freePBX upgrade tools from 2.3->2.4->2.5 were all completely painless so this little hiccup was an unpleasant surprise, but than that’s why we have dev servers to test things out first.

i will keep digging …

there have been some other threads on this that ended up being /etc/hosts that were mis-configured. There may have been a change in FreePBX that was previously using 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost or the opposite, which has become less forgiving.

Check the other threads. Since there have been about 2600 upgrades as of this writing with minor incidence, it doesn’t appear to be something in FreePBX that has broken things other than if it is something as mentioned above. Let us know when you find it in case there is something we can detect or do if it is related to something like that.