Upgrade Server

PBX Version: 15.0.37.1
PBX Distro: 12.7.8-2306-1.sng7
Asterisk Version: 13.38.3

How do I update the Distro and server ?

There really isn’t a direct path. Your best option is to take a backup and restore on a brand new install of FreePBX 16.

Why is FreePBX 15 listed as “Stable” on main Downloads page? How unstable is v16? When might v16 become officially Stable? Where can I find documentation about Stable releases?

–Thank you in advance. My office needs to upgrade from v.12 but we’re not sure if we should use v15 or 16.

We have many v15 PBXes and are upgrading all of them to v16. We simply run a full backup on the v15 machine (and backup other items like call recordings), install fresh v16, and restore. Works great, would not do it any other way. Of course, we always have the “old” installation if something goes wrong.

V16 is current and have many running in full production senarios. Stable, more modules, etc. You will not be sorry going to v16.

You can easily to v15 to v16 via updates. You should still have a backup in place prior to attempting.

https://wiki.freepbx.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=209879790

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.