Upgrade Message; Please Clarrify

Hello
When I try to use the upgrade module, I receive the following error:“A FreePBX version below 2.11.0alpha1 is required, you have 2.11.0”. according to another post in this forum, I’m running Asterisk 11 and not to worry about the message. Under “Asterisk Info” it reports I’m running V10.12.3. What steps to I need to take to ensure that I’m currently at Asterisk 11 and how can I get rid of “A FreePBX version below 2.11.0alpha1 is required, you have 2.11.0”?

PBX Firmware: 5.211.65-1
PBX Service Pack: 1.0.0.0

Thanks

I’m now at:
PBX Firmware: 5.211.65-5
PBX Service Pack: 1.0.0.0

However I cannot use Module Admin - "2.11 Upgrade Tool"
I’ve also completed the following:
cd /usr/src/
wget http://mirror.freepbx.org/freepbx-2.11.0.tar.gz
tar zxvf freepbx-2.11.0.tar.gz
cd freepbx-2.11.0
./start_asterisk start # for upgrades use: amportal start
./install_amp

I’ve used module administration and update every module that is available.
The Asterisk Info Report indicates that I’m at Asterisk 10.12.3.
how can I complete the upgrade?
Thanks in advance for your help.

That is not how you upgrade asterisk. Where did you read that. It is for updating FreePBX only.

asterisk-version-switch is the command you are looking for but since you redownloaded freepbx and reinstalled it you’d best just start over.

Thanks tm1000 for your response. I’ll install the latest distro. In order to update from 2.11 to 2.12 (stable release) where do I find the directions for this? I only ask because there seems to be a lot of ways to upgrade a server (at least that’s how it appears to me).
“Where did you read that. It is for updating FreePBX only.” FYI Here’s the link I used to perform the last “upgrade”.

http://www.freepbx.org/forum/general-help/please-help-how-to-upgrade-freepbx-ver-210-to-ver-211

Mmmmm…you missed a lot of documentation.

(FreePBX?) 2.12 is not a Stable Release: well, I mean FreePBX Distro 6.12 (based on FreePBX 2.12) is still in its Alpha stage.

So, IMHO, you’re confusing FreePBX with FreePBX Distro (I imagine you have, reading what you wrote). Isn’t it?

FreePBX Distro 5.211.65(-x) is the current Stable and it runs with FreePBX 2.11. Read the Wiki.

There is no need (and you should not do that way) to update FreePBX version if you have a FreePBX Distro. Modules update (and so FreePBX Framework module too) could be performed using appropriate commands (or via FreePBX GUI) and you should learn them.

If you have a FreePBX Distro up and running there are very few (and very specific) ways of updating it (as a system) and FreePBX Wiki documents it very well.

parnassus.
Thanks for the response. I’ll look into the Wiki.

I cant find asterisk-version-switch at all in my command line. it says…

-bash: asterisk-version-switch: command not found

and when I try to YUM install it it says…

[root@localhost ~]# yum install asterisk-version-switch
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, security
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile

Where can I get this Version switch at?

Thank you

You have to be running the FreePBX distro.