Upgrade from 12

Noob here,

How can i upgrade from FreePBX V12 to V15, I want everything to transfer over like all settings, IVR, Extensions ECT. Please help! @mattf @mbrooks

I’ve split your post off into a new topic. You may have the option of upgrading in place, but the system is far enough behind now for it to be a major job to upgrade the OS twice. The lowest impact would be to restore a backup from the 12 system on a new system running 15. FreePBX 15 is the first version that allows restore from legacy version backups.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I have done the backup its a .Tar file and still nothing. on a fresh install on V15 the Restore stays on 100% and doesn’t do anything else.

@ejorge
Please try uploading the Legacy backup from a different browser OR you upload the same file to New 15 Server using FTP and run the the command
" fwconsole backup --restore /dir_where_you_uploaded/Legacy_filename "
if you want to restore legacy CDR add the option --restorelegacycdr
" fwconsole backup --restore /dir_where_you_uploaded/Legacy_filename --restorelegacycdr "

I would also recommend putting all the modules in edge mode in the freePBX 15 system before the restore. The easiest way to do this is in the Advances Settings module

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Edge+vs+Stable

Why? FreePBX 15 is running stable on my test systems without edge modules.

The last time I restored a backup on a freePBX 15 I ran into similar issues restoring a backup from freePBX 13 that were fixed by upgrading some of the modules to edge. This was a couple weeks ago. This may no longer be the case

I have also found freePBX 15 itself to be stable. Once I restored the system, I got off the edge track going forward.

I tried to do the restore from back up and it just froze on 24%

File size may be an issue for the upload. That was recently fixed I believe. That may be why edge is required still, at least for the backup module.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.