Unknown Problem Analog Calls

Our machine has been running for about 3 weeks and have had nothing but problems. the analog card is an A400. about 3 to 4 times a day the system just stops answering calls and also will not dial out. However calls still process from the sip trunks. the machine must be rebooted and everything works again.
I have upadated system and modules and still having the problem.
I am not seeing any errors causing this. I just stops working at random times

Make sure your ‘far end disconnect’ is appropriately configured.

The channels are hanging up correctly. I can see that and was watching the system once when it happened and there were 3 active trunks and it just dropped all the channels and no more calls would ring in or dial out …

See if such events are coordinate between /var/log/messages and /var/logs/asterisk/full

The only thing I see in the messages log is starting User Slice of asterisk
then Removed slice User Slice of asterisk
then Stopping User Slice of Asterisk
over and over again about every minute

I would grep out such lines and try again, they are spurious

grep -v Slice /var/log/messages

Also next time it happens instead of rebooting, try

service asterisk stop
service dahdi status
service dahdi stop
service dahdi status
service dahdi start
service dahdi status
service asterisk start

there might be a clue there ( you can’t fully restart dahdi without stopping asterisk and maybe something else :wink: )

yes I was able to bring the system back by restarting both. but not if I only restarted one of them. but then the system started going down more frequently with just restarting the services. but a reboot I usually get a day before it goes down again. I am thinking of just revamping the system and going to version 13 because this is causing a lot of problems with the business with it going down so much and not being able to figure it out.

So can we assume you are using Asterisk 14 on a RH7 type machine?

If so use systemctl instead of service but reverse the last two arguments

Dahdi is not part of Asterisk, but Asterisk calls on it to provide POTS services, That is why you need to stop Asterisk before messing with Dahdi, Posting the result of your restarting process might help rather that your statement that “it kinda works”

So

a) That would be worth a try
b) if it doesn’t , think about downgrading Dahdi

The system is currently not answering calls from the answering calls from the analog card but is answering calls just fine from the SIP Trunk
This is the dahdi status output

~]# systemctl status dahdi
● dahdi.service - LSB: DAHDI kernel modules
Loaded: loaded (/etc/rc.d/init.d/dahdi; bad; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: active (exited) since Sat 2017-12-02 20:02:34 CST; 20h ago
Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)

Dec 02 20:02:33 HoltGC dahdi[3031]: wcfxo: [ OK ]
Dec 02 20:02:33 HoltGC dahdi[3031]: wctdm: [ OK ]
Dec 02 20:02:33 HoltGC dahdi[3031]: rcbfx: [ OK ]
Dec 02 20:02:33 HoltGC dahdi[3031]: wcb4xxp: [ OK ]
Dec 02 20:02:33 HoltGC dahdi[3031]: wctc4xxp: [ OK ]
Dec 02 20:02:33 HoltGC dahdi[3031]: xpp_usb: [ OK ]
Dec 02 20:02:34 HoltGC dahdi[3031]: D: auto '/sys/bus/dahdi_devices/devices/wanpipe_devices:wanpipe1’
Dec 02 20:02:34 HoltGC dahdi[3031]: auto-assign /sys/bus/dahdi_devices/devices/wanpipe_devices:wanpipe1
Dec 02 20:02:34 HoltGC dahdi[3031]: Running dahdi_cfg: [ OK ]
Dec 02 20:02:34 HoltGC systemd[1]: Started LSB: DAHDI kernel modules.

Ok so bottom line I think this ended up being a bad solid state drive. I have moved the card to a different machine and it has solved all my problems
Thanks everyone for the help