Unknown PJSIP Channel

I’m glad to hear it is not the result of an attack or a vulnerability.

Yes it still shows in the FreePBX GUI.

From all of the information in this thread is doesn’t seem to be a problem, but it also sounds like this is not a common concern among other FreePBX / Asterisk users.

I agree, which is the bases for this thread. Is there something wrong with my system? Is something broken and can it be ‘fixed’?
It doesn’t seem to affect system performance and at a user-level everything seems to be working properly.
This strange PJSIP channel wasn’t present after the initial install and then appeared after several weeks of reliable operation.

The concensus is that this is “normal” but still a bug. It’s part of the Asterisk start-up and it shouldn’t be showing up in the FreePBX display. It seems to be perfectly safe, but you should still file a bug report on the FreePBX side (Issues tab at the top of this screen) so that it can be looked at.

Link to this thread when you create the ticket and add any additional “non-public” information you can think of that might help the Sangoma crowd start looking at it.

It should be an Asterisk issue. We shouldn’t expose such information to public interfaces, as it is an internal implementation detail.

3 Likes

I have created a bug report.
https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-21420

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.