Unistim Channel Improvments

Hey folks,

I finally decided to join the community and share my knowledge and also ask for some help.

My main focus right now is finding a way to update the Unistim Channel in my FreePBX Distro. I’ve been reading and reading non-stop for weeks now and frankly, I’m still confused. I’m currently running FreePBX Distro with Asterisk 1.8.12 in a live environment and I really love it. My SIP phones work great, but sadly my Nortel Unistim phones, tend to crash/reboot. I’ve been searching the internets for updates and I finally found a fella named; Igor Goncharovsky. He advised me that he has recently updated the Unistim Channel quite a bit and has released patches for asterisk 1.8 and 10 (his updates will be included in Asterisk 11 I guess).

For those interested in the updates:

Asterisk Wiki:
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Unistim+channel+improvements

His Personal Site:
http://unistim.igorg.ru/

I ran a test system using FreePBX Distro w/Asterisk 10 fully expecting his improvements to be included, but was sort of shocked that they weren’t. I then started a new test system with FreePBX Distro w/Asterisk 1.8.11 and did a Asterisk Upgrade/Update. This did update everything, including Unistim, but broke everything else!

So I come to the FreePBX community in seek of answers to this question…How can I get Igor’s improvements into my FreePBX system without causing havoc?

How did you do this update (specific steps you took).

Trying to figure out if you need info on how to update Asterisk by hand or other assistance.

I followed some generic steps provided by HERE and from Igor himself.

Basically I used the “svn checkout” and performed a make install. To be honest, it was on a hope and a prayer.

Thank you for the quick reply. :slight_smile:

Any tips, from anyone? Should I just wait for Asterisk 11?

I’d really love to have the improvements, and I’m surprised that more people around the web aren’t interested. Igor has added several great features.

I don’t know anyone who has the phones.

If you just want someone to build it for you could buy an hour of support.