UniData ICW-1000G not provisioning using EPM

I’ve tried provisioning the ICW-1000G using tips that are mentioned here in the forums. I am unable to get it to pull a config file (and it’s pretty simple). After the last attempt…I got the following message from the FreePBX server:

The IP 192.168.0.82 has just been banned by Fail2Ban after
9 attempts against SIP on cfa-pbx.

Not sure what I’m missing. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

What protocol are you provisioning with?

Are your required network ports open for that type of provisioning?

Is the phone you are trying to use supported by EPM?https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/EPM-Supported+Devices

What is the phone log saying (is it receiving the file)?

What is the FreePBX server log saying about the login attempts?

I am trying to provision via tftp.

I am on the same subnet so the server and phone are on the same network. There is no firewall between them. Now…I am connecting through my wireless access points (as this is a WI-FI phone). I can’t see that this would make a difference.

The phone is supported by EPM (in fact…it is a certified device).

The phone says there’s no log data (according to the web ui on the phone). When restarting the phone says there is no configuration file on the TFTP Server.

I get the following from the FreePBX log:
[2018-03-20 04:58:05] NOTICE[16904] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request ‘REGI
STER’ from ‘“700” sip:[email protected]’ failed for ‘192.168.0.82:5060’ (callid
: [email protected]) - No matching endpoint found
[2018-03-20 04:58:05] NOTICE[16904] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request ‘REGI
: [email protected]) - Failed to authenticate
[2018-03-20 05:28:10] NOTICE[19697] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request ‘REGI
[2018-03-20 05:28:10] NOTICE[19697] res_pjsip/pjsip_distributor.c: Request ‘REGI
: [email protected]) - Failed to authenticate

I can pull the user.ini file from the phone if that helps. I’m just not sure where to look as these phones are completely different than my Aastra desk phones.

EDIT: I just checked in the /tftpboot directory on the server and I do not see a .cfg file for this phone. I have set it up in the EPM…but when I say save and rebuild…it’s not there. Hmmm…

The Fail2Ban is kicking in because of the failed registrations. FreePBX does not accept what it is being sent.

Do you have an extension 700 provisioned? As PJSIP?

Are you confident the password is correct?

Did you pay for the EPM module? It only works for free with Sangoma devices?

Under the System Admin module>Provisioning Protocols, is TFTP Enabled?

When you configured the extension in FreePBX, you set it up as a Chan-SIP extension, but you are trying to connect via the PJ-SIP port.

You can either change the to connect on the Chan-SIP port (probably 5160) or you can delete and recreate the phone configurations as PJ-SIP extensions.

1 Like

Extension 700 is provisioned as Chan SIP.
The password is correct from what I can tell (I made it the same as what I set it to).
I did pay for the EPM.
TFTP is enabled (it works on my Aastra phones).

I just saw the reply from cynjut so I will work on that side of things. Removing the extension and recreating may be the easiest thign to do. Thanks. I’ll let you know what I find.

I finally got things working. It basically took a manual configuration. Since I only have two of these I’m not too worried about manually configuring these since the settings shouldn’t change once configured. For those needing information on how to configure these phones…check out this video. It was really helpful.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the assistance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.