Unconditional forwarding - voicemail destination?

We recently upgraded an asterisk 1.4/Freepbx 2.9 (trixbox) system to a CentOS/Asterisk 1.8.20.1/Freepbx 2.10

The old setup would send users to forwarded destination voicemailboxes if the forwareded call was unanswered. The new system is returning unanswered forwarded calls to the original forwarding users voicemail box. This is when an extension is forwarded unconditionally on the phone, or by using the asterisk unconditional forwarding on the server (via *72.).

• For the sake of troubleshooting, I’m doing all testing via forwarding on the asterisk server (via *72).-

Old system:
Caller A -> Ext B(uncond forward to Ext C.) -> Ext C unanswered goes to Ext C VM. This is desired behavior.

New System:
Caller A -> Ext B(uncond forward to Ext C.) -> Ext C unanswered goes back to Ext B VM.

I’ve tried adjusting the forwarding extensions call forwarding ringtime to 120 seconds, and always, with no effect. Can anyone offer advice to get forwarding to behave as desired?

Thank you,

Kirk.

Were you able to find a solution to this? I’m having the same issue, except on fpbx2.8.
Thanks.

Iyt will be hard to get help on a no longer supported version, we all moved on three years ago, update to 2.10 or 2.11 for support.