Unable to activate sysadmin after zend reset

Maybe I completely screwed this up…

I was building out a server onto which I’ve migrated my server (just in time too, the old server died two days later!).

Thing is, somebody activated the dang server already–probably got tired of seeing those oobe messages. I can relate, but now I’m in a mess.

I need to get commercial modules from the old server. So I did a zend reset on both deployments from the schmoozecom portal. Now when I go into the new server, in the activation menu of system admin, I clicked activate and the screen flashed to the oobe screen, then displayed that the website was unavailble.

To “fix” for that, I removed from /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/module.xml

HOWEVER, now when I try to click activate, the screen refreshes and does not do anything.

Did I totally screw up my deployment?

Still the case. Had to remove:

from /var/www/html/admin/modules/sysadmin/module.xml again.

Nobody else having an issue with oobe?

This happened again on a different server. All I did was go into sysadmin and click Activate from the activation screen, the admin page goes blank. If I load it in a new browser, I see the dumb Out of the Box screen flash and disappear. This software is so buggy, I’m pulling my hair out.