UK Residential SIP Trunk Providers

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody here knew of any good UK based SIP Trunk providers for resedential use? I’m having a lot of problems with Virgin Media and would like to just move to a SIP trunk provider instead.

Cheers,
Richie

I don’t think there is a specific residential market, at least not yet. I think you would be looking for SOHO type providers, and one man and dog office ones. However this isn’t really FreePBX related, as a true residential, and even SOHO provider would not support PABXes (it might work, but you would be on your own)

1 Like

Speak to OPL, they are the official FreePBX Hosting providers in the UK. Www.freepbxhosting.Co.uk

1 Like

What kind of problems? If they are related to your internet connection and your PBX would be at home, a different trunk provider will likely not help.

What features are you looking for? Approximate call volume? Budget?

You might try Localphone for initial testing, etc., as they are easy to set up, inexpensive and quite reliable, with decent support. However, you may find them unsuitable as a landline replacement, as they do not support emergency calling.

1 Like

Hey Stewart,

Sorry for the slow response. My Internet connection is good, my issue is with the phone service from Virgin Media which comes in via their “Superhub” as a digital line and then converted to an analogue line. I recently upgraded to their hub 5, which doesn’t work properly with their phone service and that’s why I was looking to find a better solution so that I could just do VoIP over the Internet without having to have the line converted to analogue then use a Grandstream HT813 to convert it back to digital.

I have since been moved back to the old hub 4 as the phone line was not functional on the hub 5, so the line at the moment is operational.

Cheers,
Richie

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.