we have been using freepbx for a while. I guess a long while.
we had some simple call settings i was updating when i realized there were some module updates to install. SInce it was 4 am, i figured it was a good time to do these.
originally it was the 2.10 module update. that worked.
- Current Version Info (Updated each stage of upgrade process):
- FreePBX Base Version: 2.10.1
- FreePBX Framework Version: 22.214.171.124
- FreePBX Core Version: 126.96.36.199
but then there were more modules that could be upgraded. many upgraded successfully. after the successful module updates, then i started getting error messages like these on the rest of them failed module upgrades:
- System Admin cannot be upgraded:
- PHP version 5.3.0 or higher is required, you have 5.1.6
- PHP Component Zend Guard Loader is required but missing from you PHP
so i started checking the internet for upgrading the PHP - and it looks like PHP 5.3 has been part of freepbx for a few years already. and the freepbx wiki instructions recommend doing an update on the overall freepbx firmware that would also update the asterisk core and PHP (i think).
I checked the wiki - and it looks like the scripts are available for firmware versions 1.8 and up. So i go into m system admin tool to see what version i am running and it shows:
- System Admin
- PBX Firmware: 188.8.131.52
- PBX Service Pack: 184.108.40.206-3
oh boy. this does not look good. Am i going to need to rebuild the entire pbx from scratch with a new ISO install? Or is there a way to get this version of firmware upgraded where i do not lose my current company phone settings & voicemail & history logs for the 20+ lines we already have in our office?