UCP - Unable to connect to the UCP Node Server because: 'Error: xhr poll error'

When my users login to UCP they get the following error:

“Unable to connect to the UCP Node Server because: ‘Error: xhr poll error’”

I have tried the following:
-I have checked my certificate. The same cert I have marked as default is also the cert installed under HTTPS settings
-I have restarted UCPnode

[root@freepbx asterisk]# fwconsole stop ucpnode
Running FreePBX shutdown...

[root@freepbx asterisk]# fwconsole start ucpnode
Running FreePBX startup...
Taking too long? Customize the chown command, See http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FOP/FreePBX+Chown+Conf
Setting Permissions...
Setting specific permissions...
    3 [============================]
Finished setting permissions
Unable to run Pre-Asterisk hooks, because Asterisk is already running on PID 30095 and has been running for 1 hour, 6 minutes, 1 second
[root@freepbx asterisk]# 
  • had installed Zulu server V3 beta as I was troubleshooting a Zulu issue. I uninstalled that from Module admin then ran “fwconsole ma downloadinstall zulu” from CLI to install the stable version (I assume that installed the stable version)

uninstalling XMPP and Conferences Pro as has been suggested DID fix the issue, but I need XMPP for Zulu. And I would like to keep Conferences Pro. Is there a way to fix my issue while keeping these two moduels (at least XMPP and Zulu)?

Is your PC and PBX on the same LAN?

Yes. My PBX and PC are both on the same LAN

I had this issue when i went to a FQDN.

Meaning, we have full VPN to the PBX network, but we can also access it “publicly” through thepbx.ourdomain.com/ucp (only allowed from trusted IPs)

When i went to the.pbx.localip.address/ucp over VPN i had no issues, but when i went to thepbx.ourdomain.com/ucp i got the mentioned error.

Yep, I can confirm. I reinstalled XMPP and Conference Pro. I was able to access UCP with no problems using pbxlocalipaddress:port/ucp But, I have remote users, so that solution won’t work for me.

I didn’t say it in terms as solution rather to see this maybe as a bug?

Agreed, it does seem like a bug. Altought the solution to uninstall XMPP and Conf. Pro was from a thread back in Sept, 2016. So, they seem to know about it.

It’s not a bug. You aren’t allowing access to the port externally.

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Ports+used+on+your+PBX

1 Like

Yep, I didn’t have 8001 or 8003 opened. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.