I have read many forum posts about accessing the UCP interface remotely, however they either do not have a solution, or they do not quite match what I am experiencing. I will do my best to be as detailed and specific as possible.
- Appliance: PBXAct 100 running version 188.8.131.52
- Interface: set to the default Internet Zone
- RapidSSL certificate installed
With the following settings:
- UCP: enabled for the Internet, Local, and Other zones
- Web Management: enabled for only the Local zone.
The Admin UI is not accessible remotely, however UCP is also not accessible. The Zulu desktop app logs in, however fails with any calls with a “connecting” error.
With the following change:
- Web Management: enabled for the Internet and Local zones
BOTH the Admin and UCP UIs are accessible. The Zulu desktop app also signs in and successfully sends and receives calls.
Obviously there is a significant security problem. I DO NOT want the admin UI accessible from the “Internet” zone! However, disabling that zone for the Web Management (Secure) also causes UCP to be inaccessible and Zulu to not connect for calls.
Yes, I do have the documented Zulu and WebRTC ports forwarded on my firewall, however there must be something else required that is not in the wiki documentation.