Two voicemail problems including cannot upgrade module

Current problem with voicemail module version 1.0:
If I ring the extension 200 directly I hear the outgoing voicemail message correctly, but if a call comes into a call group and then to extension 200 it does not play the customised outgoing message.

I checked all the settings and they call seemed to be fine, so I though I would check to see if there was an update for the voicemail module. System shows that current module is 1.1.2, so I set it for download and install along with another module.

The other upgraded fine, but not the voicemail. I have the error
"File Integrity FAILED for /var/www/html/admin/modules/_cache/voicemail-1.1.2.tgz - Aborting"

If I look in this location the file is not there.

Any suggestions on this.

[quote=“whats_up_skip”]System shows that current module is 1.1.2, so I set it for download and install along with another module.

The other upgraded fine, but not the voicemail. I have the error
"File Integrity FAILED for /var/www/html/admin/modules/_cache/voicemail-1.1.2.tgz - Aborting"

If I look in this location the file is not there.

Any suggestions on this.[/quote]

Same for me. Now an unknown module is listed under “broken” and no action can be done with it.

I’ve downloaded [1] and unpacked it into “/var/www/html/admin/modules/voicemail”. Now it works after an update in the web frontend.
But if i load my chan_sirrix, i get the following error: “Message count requested for mailbox XXX@device but voicemail not loaded”

[1] https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amportal/modules/release/voicemail-1.1.2.tgz

[quote=“tsc”]I’ve downloaded [1] and unpacked it into “/var/www/html/admin/modules/voicemail”. Now it works after an update in the web frontend.
[/quote]

Sorry, what do you mean by an update in the web front end?

I am having the same problem. Here is the work around.

cd /var/www/html/admin/modules

wget https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amportal/modules/release/voicemail-1.1.2.tgz

tar xfz voicemail-1.1.2.tgz

rm voicemail-1.1.2.tgz

Go back to the modules admin in the GUI and add the voicemail module.

It seems to work for me. This was a fresh install for me not an upgrade.

Thanks for the help.

I managed to upgrade the module, but initial problem still remains.

If I ring the extension 200 directly I hear the outgoing voicemail message correctly, but if a call comes into a call group and then to extension 200 it does not play the customised outgoing message.

I checked all the settings and they call seemed to be fine, so I though I would check to see if there was an update for the voicemail module.

Ok…I did not dive too deep into the setting yet. I assume my install will have the same problem. Are you using Trixbox?

My installation was initially A@H v2.8, but then I have updated to the FreePBX and kept it up to date with the module management system.

I could be wrong, but I am sure it did work properly a while ago.

[quote=“pmoore4321”]I am having the same problem. Here is the work around.

cd /var/www/html/admin/modules

wget https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amportal/modules/release/voicemail-1.1.2.tgz

tar xf voicemail-1.1.2.tgz

rm voicemail-1.1.2.tgz

Go back to the modules admin in the GUI and add the voicemail module.

It seems to work for me. This was a fresh install for me not an upgrade.[/quote]

By my reckoning, the tar command should be:

tar xfz voicemail-1.1.2.tgz

By the way this fixed a bug in VM for me where it would not accept any passwords as being valid so thanks!

I was having a problem also where it will not accept password from remote caller, will see if this fixes the problem. One other question when I look at the link there is several updated or new modules listed. Why do these not show up in the list when you choose to update? Is it safe to load the new ones?

Thanks