Twilio root certificate import

Trying to get the TLS configured for a sip trunk between freepbx 15.0.16.42 and twilio.
Can’t import twilio root certificate in freepbx certificate manger as it is just a pem file.

twilio provides a guide which refers to below steps:
4. Under TLS/SSL/SRTP Settings, next to CA Chain File, enter /etc/asterisk/keys/cacert.pem in the edit box
5. Under TLS/SSL/SRTP Settings, next to Certificate File, enter /etc/asterisk/keys/asterisk.pem in the edit box
6. Under TLS/SSL/SRTP Settings, next to Private Key File, enter /etc/asterisk/keys/asterisk.key in the edit box

But those fields (CA Chain File etc) don’t exist under chan_pjsip settings. neither are the asterisk.key and asterisk.pem files existing.

I tried uploading the certificate in admin->certificate management and by using default.key and default.pem instead if asterisk.key and asterisk.pem but leaving the passphrase empty I get an error message.

There should be no need to import the vendor’s root certificate.

2 Likes

indeed, after some struggle we got it working without the vendor’s certificate. thank you for the hint.

@acakan is there any suggestions that you can give based on your experience? I am trying to do the same and am not yet currently successful.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.