Trying to understand Dial Patterns

Dear List members

Good morning. I am trying to set up a dial pattern in my box, and cannot seem to get the hang of it. Here is my situation

as I can see, there are three boxes
(prepend)+(prefix) | (match pattern)

My understanding is, if I put anything in prepend, that gets added, and if I put anything in prefix, that gets removed from match pattern.

I would like to configure it so if anyone diales
0044207255XXXX
then it will go through the trunk as
0207255XXXX

So, in my route rules, I have put 0 in (prepend), 0044 in (prefix), and 0044207255XXXX in (match pattern) – and it is not working. but if I remove the (prefix), the calls are going out with 3 leading zeroes as expected. Is this because I should not be using both prepend and prefix at the same time, or what else am I missing?

Any pointer/suggesion is highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards
SK

Replying to my own message, as I have made some changes which seem to do what I want it to do

changed the above settings to
(0)+(0044)|207255XXXX

Not sure if this is how it is supposed to be or expected to be, but this seem to be working as I wanted or expected it to work. Would appreciate if someone could please confirm if this is correct or have I taken a more dangerous path.

Thanks and regards
SK

You are correct. Digits go into either match pattern or prefix not both as you have discovered.