Trunk Setup

Hello FreePBX Community,

I have One SIP trunk in in BulkVS , but i want to connect these sip trunk in 5 Freepbx accounts , is it possible to create one sip with multiple freepbx setups?
1.sip.bulkvs.com >>>> Freepbx -01
2.sip.bulkvs.com>>>>Freepbx-02
3.sip.bulkvs.com>>>>freepbx-03 and so …on

and they also provide 199.255.157.198

76.8.29.198 IP’s , These Ip’s are entered in Match pattern

If you use “registration” over “ip” then all five PBI can use that account, but only the last one registered would get any inbound calls, concurrent outbound call behavior from differing PBI would also be ‘undefined’

With BulkVS, on their user portal, you set up your servers and create trunk groups to those servers. Then you can select which server each of your DID’s route to. I use IP authorization rather than registration. Bulkvs also allows you to use an SRV DNS record for your server destination.

I have three servers all using the same BulkVS account with two of them acting as fail-over servers. I set up an SRV record with my DDNS provider which then will serve incoming calls based on the priority level I set with the systems in the SRV record. With this arrangement, if system #1 is the primary VOIP server and it goes down, the SRV record will try server #2 or server #3 to send the inbound call.

I have 6 or 7 systems all connected to BulkVS using ip authentication on the same account.

Lastly, you should be using chan_pjsip for your trunk to Bulkvs. One trunk can handle all the different IP’s sent by Bulkvs.

Not so with Bulkvs. You don’t need registration as you can route each inbound DID to a specific system and outbound (to PBX) route identified in the BulkVS portal.

I stand corrected but the specific system would be identified by what method ?

That sounds awfully like good old “IP authentification”

I don’t believe the OP is looking for fail-over he is looking for a cheap way to get 5 trunks for the price of 1, in which case I no longer stand ‘corrected’ as he will have the same problems I previously noted.

I believe that to be exactly what I originally posted, the caveate is what does this carrier do with multiple concurrent calls originating from different machines, some would consider that a little more than suspicious.

No read it again , my original post referred to the choice of ‘registration’ over ‘ip’ . If the OP does not need incoming calls and the carrier has no concerns about concurrent but disparate originations, then there is no problem he can use ‘registration’ on many PBI to call anyone at he same time , however he can not use SRV for a second incoming call to any but the current primary responder , a simple ‘load balancer’ behind the answering URL/IP could do that but the OP won’t know WTF i am talking about

No, actually just ‘you’ dragged it out, I just defended my original post :wink:

And so I shall redact and leave it with you.

1 Like

Back to you @globalcall365