Trunk between FreePBX and Quintum Tenor

Hi,

This is my first post so please forgive me if I have not conformed to any normal procedures!

I have setup freePBX and connected it fine to our IP Office via h323. I also have a Quintum DX which is currently connected to our IP office via E1.

I would like to connect to the Quintum straight from FreePBX via h323. Our quintum is currently setup in H323 mode rather than SIP and is connected to another Quintum which then hops off onto a Siemens via E1

FreePBX
|
H323
|
Avaya-----E1—QuintumSiteA—H323—QuintumSiteB–E1—Siemens

I am looking at bringing in freePBX to remove the current PABX systems once we are confident on the stability of the product for our business.

I can currently call the siemens PABX via the call going through the Avaya, this call answers and works fine.

I have been trying to get a H323 trunk between the FreePBX and Quintum direct, missing out the Avaya but I have not had much success. I have setup the H323 settings in the ooh323.conf and in the Quintum settings:

[general]
port = 1720
bindaddr = 192.168.60.10 ;IP of the Asterisk
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
dtmfmode=inband
gatekeeper = DISABLE
context=default
progress_setup = 8
progress_alert = 8
progress_audio = yes
fastStart=yes
h245tunneling=yes
srvlookup=no
AllowGKRouted = yes

[Avaya]
type=friend
context=from-internal
host=192.168.60.1 ;IP of the Avaya C-LAN card
port=1720
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
dtmfmode=inband

[simensSNM]
type=friend
context=default
host=192.168.50.2
port=1720

[gnugk]
type=friend
context=from-internal
host=192.168.60.12
port=1720
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
dtmfmode=inband

[QuintumPerth]
type=friend
context=from-internal
host=192.168.60.2
port=1720
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw
allow=g729
dtmfmode=inband

When I change the routes on the FreePBX for the Siemens Ext to go direct to the Site A Quintum, the calls do not work, I get the message all circuits are busy.

If I change some short codes on the Avaya and try to route the freePBX extentions from the direct Avaya-freePBX H323 connection to the Site A Quintum and then call from an avaya phone to the FreePBX ext the call rings on the freePBX ext but when answered the call drops. This tells me that the call is going from the Avaya to the Quintum and then the Quintum to the freePBX so there is partial connectivity

The reason I made these changes was to see if I could get a call going either way.

I am not sure if the ooh323 driver works with the Quintum 100% or if there is some specific setup I need to change but would appreciate any advice from someone who has configured this before using H323. I could change to sip on the Quintum at some point but this would involve changes to a live production system so would very much prefer to use H323.

Please let me know what logs you would require so I can give you all the information you need.

Thanks for your help in advance

CHeers
Stew