Trouble using Sangoma 6 to 7 upgrade tool

Hi Andrew!

You meant the package or the repo? It sounds like you meant the repo and I didn’t think removing a repo removed the packages that came from it (and that package was already installed).

Just to be sure as to what you are saying there, was that third party repo added by @Bradbpw or did it used to be there for the FreePBX 13 distro?

Would it be possible for the distro upgrade “script” to detect when someone had added repos, tell them to preferably remove them and tell them which package should preferably be removed because they came from it?

Obviously this problem is not caused by the distro upgrade “script”, it would have been present even before trying to run it but when it’s the distro upgrade “script” which recommends doing a yum update could it possibly check for things like that?

I know the scripts remove the old distro repos and replaces them with Sangoma 7 ones but what does it do when there are other repos which were not distributed with the distro?

I know @nsumner had problems with mongodb back when I upgraded my home server…

re:

but that was during actual upgrade and not during an update and that problem was more than likely fixed by later scripts (it was the first one publicly made available…).

I hope @Bradbpw will have good news for us tomorrow…

Have a nice day!

Nick