Transfer to Page

I am a little new at this so I apologize if I am posting in the wrong section. I have been unable to find anything else relating to this so I am guessing it needs to be a feature request.

Basic Info
Centos 5.5
Asterisks 1.8.2.3
FreePBX 2.8.1

Due to the layout of our phones we have chosen the last button for paging and the button above it to be our parking. To clarify the parking button we would push the xfer button and then the Parking button to add the call to the parking lot.

The problem we have encountered is users sometimes transfer calls to the paging extention. The remote caller has no clue of this as they cant hear anything, but everything they say is heard over the page. The only way to fix it at this point is to hang up the call via CLI or the caller hangs up themselves.

To address this we have taken most of the code for the [ext-paging] and pasted it into extensions_override_freepbx.conf and have made modifications to it. specifically the code below:

exten => 760,1,Answer
exten => 760,2,Set(TIMEOUT(absolute)=10)
exten => 760,3,Noop(CHANNEL=${CHANNEL:4:3})
exten => 760,4,GotoIf($["${CHANNEL:4:3}" = “ver”]?from-internal-xfer,200,1)
exten => 760,5,GotoIf($["${CHANNEL:4:3}" = “Ver”]?from-internal-xfer,200,1)
exten => 760,6,GotoIf($["${CHANNEL:0:3}" = “DAH”]?from-internal-xfer,200,1)

What happens is if someone transfers someone to page it automatically puts them in the parking lot. I realize that this is specific to my environment, but it would be nice if they system could somehow automate this process for us. Being able to choose a destination in FreePBX would be very helpful.

ok, I managed to squeeze it into the 2.9 release, now I’ll see how many people file tickets that they can no longer blind transfer to the paging group :slight_smile:

There’s already an open feature request to not allow calls to be blind transferred to page groups, it just unfortunately has not made it in yet.