Transfer into queue goes straight to user's voicemail

Hello,

I’m running into a peculiar issue.

If an external caller calls in and selects an option from the IVR for the queue, the system plays the queue greeting and then all phones in the queue ring as they should.

However, if someone calls in and selects the wrong queue, the agent will answer and then transfer to the correct queue. The caller will hear the welcome message, but then the phones only ring for a split second and then if any member of the queue is on the phone, it will jump to their voicemail box.

Has anyone else seen this? I’m sort of at a loss since the queue functions correctly on a fresh call, just not when they are transferred in from an extension.

I’ve found the cause of the issue.

When a member of the queue has their phone set to Do Not Disturb the queue call gets directed to their voicemail.

Does anyone have an idea as to how I can change this behaviour without disabling DND?

Try setting the “skip busy agents” option? This should cause it to not ring anyone on the phone or DND, which should prevent it going to the voicemail box. Call trace might be helpful as well.