Transfer incoming call to voicemail

Hi,

So i am still pretty new to the Pbx system and I have searched for the answer. But i can not for the life of me figure out why i can not transfer a incoming call directly to Voicemail. I have followed online about hitting (transfer> Blind> then *##) it doesn’t do anything tells me that “request has failed”. I have looked general settings to make sure the * is enable and it is.

I am currently on Freepbx 2.10.1.2.

Why *## ? Shouldn’t that be just ## for the standard blind transfer (according to feature codes)? - THEN *ext

tigermeow - I can assure you that this is a standard function that doesn’t require any figuring out.

To manually transfer a call to voicemail, prefix the extension with an *

You can select any extensions voicemail as the destination of an inbound route if you always want calls to go to VM.

did anyone find out how to route incoming calls directly to voicemail using the FreePBX gui?

Using the gui, is it the right way to send a call from inbound routes to a call recording which sends it to an extension that is for voicemail? how would i need to configure the extension so that the call doesnt delay with recordings/messages and goes directly to voicemail. Is there any other way if this doesnt make sense? (Sorry, used CentOS a lot, but don’t know much about Asterisk/FreePBX.)
Thanks,
tigermeow

I found a feature code “dial voicemail <*98>”. Will users have to enter *98 to get there, or is it enough if i select that as the destination in the inbound routes. if i am setting up this voicemail for a pattern of DIDs, will they go to the correct voicemail for that DID?

Further to SkyKing’s post

" . . . You can select any extensions voicemail as the destination of an inbound route if you always want calls to go to VM, . . ." the vm mail destination can be qualified with “busy”, “unavail” or “no-mesg” message.

I think all this is documented in the wiki.

If you put VM as the target. It’s going to go straight there. Just give it a try.

BF

You have been given the answer over and over, why do you keep asking the same question?

@SkyKingOH I had posted comments #5 and #7 before #6 and #8 were posted. Appears the numbering is going by thread instead of the actual time of posting.
Thanks everyone for your answers.