Training - Asterisk Boot Camp versus FreePBX Training

It “seems” to me that one is more technical and offers certification and is more in depth than the other, but the cost about the same as the second. I realize that the training for the second is not just the GUI and it helps raise money for the project developers.
What would I miss out from one by going to one or the other?

It also seems that one might be geared towards those who want to set these up for businesses versus those who the same businesses go to when programming special functions is required? (After gaining the certification and some programming time under ones belt of course)

(Is the 3rd worth considering even? FtOCC ?)

KM

OTTS vs. bootcamp are really completely different and have minimal overlap. Review the curriculum of both and see. If you want to learn deep knowledge of Asterisk dialplan programming, etc. then look into bootcamp. Review our material to see what you will learn from OTTS. The overlap will be in a few areas of the telephony/tdm space and some really basic Asterisk areas we cover. As far as FtOCC, there is a good interview on The VoIP Experience or you can read the forum feedback where another attendee provided their feedback.

hi,
I m continuously posting my problem to these forums but dont get any reply,b-coz i am hanged at a very initial problem just b-coz lack of knowledge.
As u know about installation procedure of free pbx given in support section.I am following these instructions and got trouble at
" echo " options { " >> /etc/named.conf

service named staert "

but this step gives me error like:
"Eroor in named configuration:
/etc/named.conf:6: ‘options’ redifined near ‘options’ "

details of named.conf are as follows:
options {
directory “/var/named”;
dump-file “/var/named/data/cache_dump.db”;
statistics-file “/var/named/data/named_stats.txt”;};
include “/etc/rndc.key”;
options {
options {
directory '/var/named";
dump-file “/var/named/data/cache_dump.db”;
statistics-file “/var/named/data/named_stats.txt”};
include “/etc/rndc.key”;
options {
directory “/var/named”;
dump-file “/var/named/data/named/cache_dump.db”;
statistics-file “/var/named/data/named_dtats.txt”;
include “/etc/rndc.key”;

I hope u will get me direct to rigt solution of this problem so that i may proceed furthur towards installation of freePBX -2.3.0 on my RHEL 5 with asterisk-1.4.18.

I would be more graceful if u post solution on my id : [email protected]

thanks in advance .

mohammad,

Please do not hijack a thread about one thing to ask something totaly different. Post this as it’s own message as you’ll get somebody to answer it with a proper subject insteead of being a message inder something about training.

Also this has no direct bearing on FreePBX. That does not mean that you will not get a answer but most of us are geared towards answering questions and issues around the product and not general network, named/dns/bind issues.

You would be much better off directing these type of question over to one of the forums at http://www.isc.org/index.pl?/sw/bind/