Tradegy in Tony Lewis' family

Hi everyone!

Wanted to give you a quick update if you don’t follow Tony Lewis (Former COO of Sangoma and former CEO of Schmoozecom) on Facebook. Yesterday evening his brother died from an accident while at a family gathering. I know Tony is struggling really hard with this as he was there and witnessed it and tried to save his brother Daniel.

Tony’s brother Daniel struggled his entire life with PTSD and Depression. Only recently through a treatment center in Wisconsin was he able to find the relief he was always looking for and his life began to change, unfortunately he left this earth a few months later.

The family has setup a gofundme page to specifically organize money to provide help to others who are going through similar issues get the same relief that Tony’s brother was able to benefit from for a couple of months. Out of this tragedy the Lewis family wishes to support others in need.

We want to raise money to help cover treatment costs for others with mental illness, who can not afford this life changing treatment. All proceeds will be used to help fund people in need of help, with treatments at the Appleton Ketamine Wellness Center.

If any of you have been helped over the years by Tony I encourage you to donate, otherwise you can go to the gofundme for more information.

Thanks for hearing me out.

7 Likes

I just want to say a huge thank you to Andrew and everyone else from this community who have Donated or reached out to me with kind and encouraging words. It is so appreciated.

2 Likes

That is heart breaking. I’m so sorry for your loss.

So sorry to hear this Tony. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Hi all,

Just wanted to post a big shoutout to @ahobach and team of CyberLynk. CyberLynk is the datacenter for many of Sangoma’s services and the provider of FreePBXhosting.com. The donation they gave to Tony’s brother Danny’s Memorial Fund was outstanding.

This is what it means to be part of the FreePBX/Asterisk community and ecosystem and when the users support the ecosystem they support everyone.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.