Time Conditions, need clarifications when defining based on non-work hours

I’m reposting this from a locked thread because it didn’t get an answer.

I’ve read both these articles, just to preface.

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Time+Groups+Sample+Configurations
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Time+Group+User+Guide

In order to ease holiday scheduling we switched to defining non-working hours. And the two articles don’t say what happens if the start time for a time condition is after the end time (i.e. start at 5:00 PM and end at 8:00 AM). And if the end day for such a condition is Thursday, does it end with the change from positive match to negative at 8:00 AM, or from negative to positive at 5:00 PM? Similarly, with Monday would it start with a neg match at 8:00 AM or with a positive at 17:00?

If we need to define separately as 00:00 to 08:00 and also 17:00 to 23:59, then it seems like there would be a one minute unmatched state every night from 23:59 to 00:00.

Lastly, what if there is a conflict? i.e. we could define 08:00 to 17:00 M-F as work hours and set call flow based on that. But if we define a Monday as a holiday and designate after-hours call flow, which group ‘wins’?

The concept is matches and non-matches. If you take this approach, then you need to set your TC: Matches > Closed Destination, non-Matches > Open Destination.

No, If you set a time group Start Day is Sunday, and End Day is Thursday, it’ll work on Thursday as well. (but not on friday) So same applies here, It’ll work from 17:00:00 till 23:59:59

I am not sure I understand exactly what you are asking here.
We usually make a dedicated Holiday Calendar or Time Group with Time Condition that sits in front of the regular business hours Time Condition.

HI ,
if you are using time group in time conditions We are using asterisk dialplan application GotoIfTime to match the timing.
Answers for your doubts.

1. start at 5:00 PM and end at 8:00 AM ( M-F).
    As per the above settings the cal will match from Monday 00:00 to 08:00 and From monday 17:00 (5 PM) to Friday Midnight ( 00:00).

To accomplish what you desire you need to set multiple time groups
eg (1)17:00 Monday to 23:59 Monday
(2)17:00 Tuesday to 8:00 Friday
(3)00:00 Saturday To 8:00 Saturday

If we need to define separately as 00:00 to 08:00 and also 17:00 to 23:59, then it seems like there would be a one minute unmatched state every night from 23:59 to 00:00.

NO : it will match 59th minute also .

Lastly, what if there is a conflict? i.e. we could define 08:00 to 17:00 M-F as work hours and set call flow based on that. But if we define a Monday as a holiday and designate after-hours call flow, which group ‘wins’?
if the time condition matches any matching time in any of your time groups that wins the call .

Regards
Philip Joseph

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.