Time condition failing on Outlook calendar event category group

FreePBX Distro 14.0.1.20
Calendar Plugin 14.0.1.2
Time Conditions Plugin 14.0.2.9

I have setup an outlook calendar with 2 calendar event groups associated with it. One for closed and one for holidays. In each of those events I have categories assigned with no specific events associated with them per the “Specific Categories” setting that says “If no events are selected but categories are selected then all events in said categories will match” This leads me to believe that any event set to the correct category should match true and trigger a match in the time condition I have setup.

The problem I am having is that with this setup it always matches false. If I test and set a specific event it matches true and the time condition fires correctly. Is this a bug or am I just using the calendar event incorrectly?

The following returns false even though a category is set and should match

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I found and solved my own problem. Digging through the code I found that there was no code in the section for checking if only category was set. So I added the code to handle calendar event conditions with only categories. If anyone is interested I can supply the fix.

1 Like

Hello.

FreePBX is an open source project. We love getting contributions from the outside community and thank you for your efforts. We’d like to take your work and apply it directly if possible.

Firstly we’d need you to fill out the CLA: Sangoma Documentation

Once that is done you can submit your work anywhere, here, github, git.freepbx.org.

thank you!

1 Like

For anyone else having issues like this, with the Calendar Module and connecting to remote iCal or EWS calendars, updating to 14.0.2.7 does the trick. From what I read in pull and related bug reports, it has some pretty large changes to the underlying mechanics of the Calendar and EWS stuff, which solve all the issues with linking calendars and some of the all-day events too.

Anyway as of right now you have to enable Edge modules in Settings->Advanced Settings to get it, though I’m sure that module version will go stable at some point soon.