Text to Speech creation

I’ve typed in some new text to use for a Voicemail greeting selected the engine (flite) and clicked on submit the Apply Config, but the message doesn’t replace the default of the messege I selected to be saved.

So what have I missed and also can I save messages without having to overwrite a default message?

Also later I’ll want to upload some messages to use that I’ll grab from our legacy analogue PBX, so how do I do that?

Settings → Voicemail Admin → Settings → Soundfiles

Voicemail Admin - Advanced Settings - PBX GUI - Documentation (freepbx.org)

But there is nothing there for Busy, Unavailable etc

https://fullbore.co.uk/Screenshot%202023-04-13%20at%2007-39-39%20FreePBX%20Administration.png

What makes you think this is going to put a specific greeting in a specific mailbox?

I’d hope to have the generated or uploaded message available in the drop down here to select it.

This is not a function you can use the Text to Speech engine for as it doesn’t actually create any files. It does real-time read back of the text you’ve entered when you send a call to the STT destination.

So I should get this text read out when a call is routed to [Voicemail: 22 Holtain Office (Unavailable Message)], however I still get the system default message, so I’m doing something wrong.

Yes. I told you, you cannot use this for that. The greeting is played by the voicemail application which cannot use the TTS engine.

So how do I change the voicemail greetings from the default?

You call into the voicemail system and follow the instructions to create a greeting?

Or you manually upload each recording to each existing or new mailbox folder location on the system.

The last thing I want is a greeting with my voice, Do I upload them with the user control panel?

I am not super familiar with the UCP as I don’t really use it all that often so maybe the documentation has the answer for you.

https://wiki.freepbx.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=28180526

However you can manually upload the files to each mailbox directory as needed. They are located in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/< extension >.

We’re definitely making progress, I can play an uploaded mesage but I do still get the last part of the default greeting Starting “Please leave your message after the tone…”

And I think I’ve found the magic to disable it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.