TCP/TLS accept failed: Too many open files

I see a million of these lines in the asterisk full log. What broke?

ERROR[32373] tcptls.c: TCP/TLS accept failed: Too many open files

Current Asterisk Version: 13.17.0

I see there were a whole pile of these early this morning

ERROR[16311] tcptls.c: Problem setting up ssl connection: error:00000001:lib(0):func(0):reason(1), Internal SSL error

and then the other message started. I noticed that the TLS bind port wasn’t set in Asterisk SIP Settings, which I assume means it’ll use the default of 5061. To be sure I entered 5061 and clicked submit and the messages seem to have stopped for now.

nevermind, it started up again a few minutes later. Its bogging down the machine. Cant connect to asterisk or apply config changes in the GUI.

“Connected to Asterisk currently running on Server failed to create pipe”

Any help? How can I fix this?

I had this issue, fortunately the box was big enough to use this stopgap:

After that we upgraded the box (wipe & install 14), that fixed it.

This was a year or two ago, that it happened. The issues was probably sockets were not closing correctly, but like I said, once we upgraded to 14 it didn’t crop back up (no ulimit adjustment needed).

I found that earlier while scrambling to figure this out but couldn’t make it work (the PBX was unusable by that point). I got a backup spun up and ready to go in case, crossed my fingers, and forced the broken one to reboot. Its running normally now and I’m doing to the conversion.

This doesn’t fix the underlying issue of course but hopefully it wont be an issue post-conversion.

That’s exactly what we had to do, FreePBX/Asterisk would go zombie and we couldn’t reach it. Had to reboot for it to adjust. Good Luck :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.