System upgrade

Hello,

our current versions are
Current PBX Version:14.0.13.28
Current System Version:12.7.4-1804-2.sng7
Asterisk Version: 13.19.1

For some time we have some consistent and random problems with calls in a queue and as I found out in forums, we need to upgrade our versions.

As I can guess we need to upgrade to Asterisk 18. But what will be the path to upgrade?
Should we install latest version of FreePBX 16 and then restore configuration from backup? What will be the Asterisk version in this case?
Where can I find out which FreePBX version has which Asterisk version?
Or do we have any other options for that?

Just use asterisk-version-switch if things break switch back

Thanks for your answer, but when I apply this command, I have no option to switch to asterisk 18.

asterisk-version-switch
Pick the Asterisk Version you would like to change to.
Press 1 and the Enter key for Asterisk 13 (With Opus and G729 codecs)
Press 2 and the Enter key for Asterisk 14 - End of Life (With Opus and G729 codecs)
Press 3 and the Enter key for Asterisk 15 (With Opus and G729 codecs)
Press 9 and the Enter key to exit and not change your Asterisk Version

As I can guess here is no Asterisk 18 installed. So I need a distinctive path to upgrade our versions. Where can I read a manual for that or instructions?

Yea, pretty sure v14 didn’t have Asterisk 18 in it. The best path forward is for you to take a full backup of your current system. Install v16 (or wait a few months if you can for GA of v17) and restore the backup to a brand new install of FreePBX. That way you’ll have your old system to refer to still if something goes wrong with your restore to the new install of FreePBX.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.