System updates available but System is up to date?

PBXact 400 appliance.

Through Modules > Updates > System Updates I click Check Online and it says that there are no updates currently required. If I SSH on to the box as root the MOTD tells me this:

+------------------------------------------------------------+
| There are 306 System updates available.                    |
|   Run yum update to update them.                           |
| There are 85 PBX modules updates available.                |
|   Also 1 Disabled module and 2 Uninstalled modules.        |

The same is happening for module updates. I have, today, updated every module through the web GUI and nothing is displayed after checking online and ticking “Show only upgradeable”

Which is accurate, the web GUI or the MOTD?

The GUI is the most current. The motd can be stale because it updates after you login. Your next ssh login should be correct.

I checked that before posting but it still reported needing many updates.

yum update

Also agreed that the system was up to date so I have rebooted it and now says this

| There are 306 System updates available.                    |
|   Run yum update to update them.                           |
| Your PBX is up to date.                                    |
|   Also 1 Uninstalled module.                               |

For anyone else noticing this in the future: The update text in the MOTD is delayed so will not reflect the current system state even if you log out and back in again as root. I logged in via SSH today and found that the message has changed to say the system is up to date.

The way I think of this is that there is “the system” which is a system of systems: the environment that “FreePBX” and “Asterisk” (also systems, but different kinds of systems) runs on. The “yum update” stuff is for the stuff that runs “under” FreePBX, so it’s for stuff like the Asterisk libraries and PHP, while the module management stuff is for the FreePBX system.

You can be up-to-date on your modules and still have components for other systems in the SoS that need to be updated.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.