System greeting

I would like to override/not use the system greeting when going to a voicemail box. For example, if I set a general voicemail box, ext 100, I won’t want FreePBX to use the standard “the person at extension 100 is…”… but I want to use a custom voicemail greeting which I had recorded outside by someone. So I thought I would use the System Recording function to upload one but it seems that I can’t really select this to use as voicemail only has the system one such as busy, unavailable, etc. Is there a way to get my own formatted onto FreePBX?

You can upload VM greeting files in UCP.

We can’t use UCP because we are using Devices+User separation. As far as I know…may be I am wrong.

If you are using user/device mode then voicemail recordings will look something like

ls  -l  /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/device/9441/*
-rw-rw-r-- 1 asterisk asterisk  31084 Nov 23  2018 /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/device/9441/greet.wav
-rw-rw-r-- 1 asterisk asterisk   3960 Aug 24  2017 /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/device/9441/greet.WAV
-rw-rw-r-- 1 asterisk asterisk 136044 Nov 23  2018 /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/device/9441/unavail.wav
-rw-rw-r-- 1 asterisk asterisk  16310 Aug 24  2017 /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/device/9441/unavail.WAV

(this one has no busy files)

You will have to do the heavy lifting outside the gooey :slight_smile:

In other words, I have to manually overwrite any WAV file in those locations with any new WAV files that I want replace. Am I right?

:confounded:

No other words :slight_smile: The greet file played will be what is in that directory.

You’re awesome! Thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.