Symlink from modules failed

After an update, I now get this and the “Apply Config” button stays red.
Any ideas what a newbie needs to do? Thanks.

Symlink from modules failed

retrieve_conf failed to sym link:
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/audio-email.pl from dictate/bin (Already exists, not a link)

Running PBXIAF - 20621 Purple
FreePBX 2.10

I have same issue here!

Running:
PBXIAF - 20621 Purple
FreePBX 2.10 (final)

kaype:
as of 6/22/2012 piaf w/ incrediblepx is not compatible with freepbx 2.10. I’ve tried a new install with pbxinaflash20624.iso, once selecting piaf-brown and once selecting piaf-purple, and then selecting freepbx 2.10 both times. After install, if I run the incrediblepbx3 install script command, it initiates a system compatibility check which fails and prevents installation.
I’ve also tried to install, using same iso, piaf-purple with freepbx 2.9x. I then ran the incrediblepbx3 install command which did not encounter a compatibility issue and successfully installed.
Then, from the freepbx gui I attempted to upgrade freepbx to version 2.10. I was not really expecting a successful upgrade, but was curious to see what would happen. Needless to say, the upgrade failed :slight_smile:
here are some installation messages I thought might help others more experienced than I:

when the upgrade process was at:
Upgrading to 2.10.0beta2…
"-> Running PHP script /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/upgrades//2.10.0beta2/migration.php"

I saw this at the bottom of the log:
“Trying to remove dir /var/www/html/admin/common…failed to remove, there may be left over files that need to be deleted
Upgrading to 2.10.0beta2…OK”

The rest of the upgrade process seemed normal.
However, at the end of upgrading, I attempted to reload configuration and the reload failed with this error message:
"Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 255"
From the freepbx status page there is more detail regarding the issue:
"FreePBX Notices
Critical Error retrieve_conf failed, config not applied
Error Symlink from modules failed
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/audio-email.pl from dictate/bin
(Already exists, not a link)
This can result in FATAL failures to your PBX. If the
target file exists and not identical, the symlink will
not occur and you should rename the target file to
allow the automatic sym link to occur and remove this
error, unless this is an intentional customization.

I googled “Error Symlink from modules failed
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/audio-email.pl” and came across this post. I’ll post back more info if I get lucky and find a solution.