I installed FreePBX on RPI 3b+ with the image file
Did the raspbx-upgrade >> FreePBX 14.0.2.10 ‘VoIP Server’
Can login to the UI
Now i’am stuck
Login with new user and password
-I do not get the register new pbx
-I can not start the wizard again, it fails in the menu

If i make a new admin user with access to all items i get a warning

NOTE: Authorization Type is set to 'usermanager' in Advanced Settings - note that this module is not currently providing full access control and is only used as a failover, stop-gap until this pane is fully migrated to User Manager. You will still be able to login with the users below as long as their username does not exist in User Manager

I reinstalled everything but i’am stuck at the same point
Where can or should i change it , i can not find " Authorization Type is set to ‘usermanager’ in Advanced Settings " in the advanced menu

//edit
found in the /etc/amportal.conf
AUTHTYPE =usermanger
so that would be ok ?

I made some users in the
Admin > User management
PBX Internal directory
Give the user access to FreePBX Administration GUI

Allow FreePBX Administration Login  = yes

Grant Full Administration Rights  = yes

Administration Access  All selected (40)

But stil i can nog go to network settings System -admin - Network settings

Hi PetersPBX,

I’m not sure if Nano is installed by default (I’m new also so I don’t know everything about FreePBX), however this may be helpful.

If you can get to the console screen type

nano /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0

To configure the network. I pulled this information from
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/How+to+set+Network+Settings+from+the+CLI

As far as fixing the registration process it’s beyond my limited knowledge. : )

Thanks,

Thanks, Ill managed to the network settings directly on the Pi with keybord and TV as monitor
@this moment the pi is running on the Wlan0 since i do not have ethernet ports availble.
What i did
$ sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces

allow-hotplug wlan0
iface wlan0 inet dhcp
wpa-conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
iface default inet dhcp

save it

Then
sudo nano /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf

Add lines below

country=NL
ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1
network={
ssid="YourWifi"
psk="YourWifiPassword"
}

save
reboot

After this i get an DHCP ip adres
after this was working, i could use putty
and change the
$ sudo nano /etc/network/interfaces
from dhcp to fixed

remove : iface wlan0 inet dhcp 
add :  iface wlan0 inet static
add before the wpa_supplicant.conf line!!!
address 192.168.2.221 #  IP you from last DHCP session before, or choose a free ip
netmask 255.255.255.0 
gateway 192.168.2.1   # IP of your router

But my question does the rapsberry gui have different menu options than the full VM or linux version.
All the insrtruction video’s on YT i see more menu options then on my raspberry. Or is this only if you buy addons ?

I know that wired will be better, now iám testing with for android phone with the Linphone app installed.
according the phone the jitter ~80mS

The RiPi distribution is not maintained by Sangoma. Have you asked the RasPBX forums?
http://www.raspberry-asterisk.org/forum/

@comtech, aha now its clear, i thought that the freepbx was the same since a big sanoma banner below on the gui screen. Maybe the raspberry team should ad a warning banner that it is almost the same…

But i learned a lot with testing on the Raspberry, for the definitive system i will not use the raspberry.
(maybe for home use it will be ok). Now i have only done testing with 4 android with linphone installed.
next week i can borrow some real IpPhone for further testing.

I my small company i maybe will let it run on esxi 6.7 with direct PCI network card access or we buy a seperate system like FreePBX Phone System 40. But that have to be decided (the Boss) and that will be a difficult option. Since the ESXi is rather new a there is plenty space and network cards.

The flaw that you will hear about the Raspberry is the volatility with SD cards regarding corruption. That being said, it is a very capable machine and you could circumvent the potential issue by booting from USB.

Virtualization offers a lot of potential upside as long as you have a good support structure for networks and VMs, otherwise the Freepbx boxes are a great route to go to get external support from Sangoma.

Last bit of advice, regardless of hardware (Sangoma, a PC, virtual), is to run the FreePBX distro if you think you will need the commercial modules or support from Sangoma. They will only support their distro for support or issues with commercial modules you purchase.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.