Strange extension numbers.. 99xxx and 9999xxx

My local PBX here was acting goofy, and when looking under SIP peers I am seeing a lot of what looks like replicated extensions that start with 99 or 9999. I use three digit extensions, and say I have a 201 extension, I also seem to have a 99201 and a 9999201 in my sip peers.

Looking for it in the asterisk directory, I see they show in extensions_additional.conf and in sip_additional.conf, so it seems like something FreePBX would have generated, but I am not sure why.

Any ideas what is up here, or why I am seeing this? Or is my system compromised and I am just now finding it.

What started me looking is that about a day or so ago, calls are taking forever to start, incoming, or outgoing, so much so inbound calls often return no trunks available. I have yet to figure that outā€¦

These are extensions created for webrtc.

Thanks Andrew, that makes more senseā€¦

Now if I an just figure out why the PBX became dog slow, I will be OKā€¦

As a follow up for any that might see this thread, I just found the issue, the stun server I had running was dead, and as I go over a VPN anyway it doesnā€™t need it. I just removed the STUN settings under the SIP settings screen, and itā€™s all back to normal nowā€¦

1 Like

Hi. I Have a question related to those 9999XX extensions.

I had WEBRTC enabled and I saw that for every extension with webrtc I had two extra extensions. For example, extension 520 with 99520 and 9999520.

I disabled webrtc for all users in user management and disabled the webrtc module. The 99XXX extensions disappeared, but the 9999XXX are still there. Is this ok? Should I disable something else to have those extensions removed?

Thank you.

No idea what those are.

They look like they were created by mistake by the system. Webrtc extenions of webrtc extensions? Maybe a bug?

It looks like Iā€™m not the only one with those.

Maybe from the past. Just delete them

1 Like

Those extensions are only visible in ā€˜Asterisk info > Peersā€™, not in the Extensions page.

528/528                   192.168.1.128                            D  No         No          A  5060     OK (26 ms)                                   
529/529                   192.168.1.129                            D  No         No          A  5060     OK (26 ms)                                   
580                       (Unspecified)                            D  No         No          A  0        UNKNOWN                                      
9999520                   (Unspecified)                            D  No         No          A  0        UNKNOWN                                      
9999523                   (Unspecified)                            D  No         No          A  0        UNKNOWN                                      
9999524                   (Unspecified)                            D  No         No          A  0        UNKNOWN                                      
9999525                   (Unspecified)                            D  No         No          A  0        UNKNOWN                                      
GSM-INBUND                192.168.1.40                                Yes        Yes            5060     OK (1 ms)                                    
30 sip peers [Monitored: 19 online, 5 offline Unmonitored: 6 online, 0 offline]

What would be the recommended way to delete them?

?display=devices

3 Likes

Ohh. Now I see them. Is it safe to delete them from there?

Yes that is why I sent you there.

2 Likes

Iā€™m also trying to delete the 9999xxxx but couldnā€™t figure out how to display itā€¦ how do you do ?display=devices?

Thanks

Go to your PBX and change display=thing to display=devices

1 Like

Got it I replaced https://x.x.x.x/admin/config.php?display=extensions to ?display=devices

It works.

Thanks

I have a bunch of them as well. 999XXX, 9999XXX, and 99999XXX.

Interesting.

When I call another user through webrtc, I should call 99xxxx or just xxxx?

Just call the regular extension

1 Like

Hi,
I also see extensions 999XXXX, both SIP and PJSIP. The point is that in ā€œdisplay = devicesā€ only appear as SIP, the PJSIP does not appear.
Any way to eliminate them of type PJSIP?

imagen

Also it appears one that is called ā€œanonymousā€, does anyone know what it is for?

Thanks.