Strange emails

Hi All,

Keep getting an email from the system and can’t work out where from within or what its about.

I get emails from it in other areas with no issues…

hwew below is what we get.

The response was:
DNS Error: 40877664 DNS type ‘mx’ lookup of voip.freepbx.local responded with code NXDOMAIN Domain name not found: voip.freepbx.local

Final-Recipient: rfc822; [email protected]
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; DNS Error: 40877664 DNS type ‘mx’ lookup of voip.freepbx.local responded with code NXDOMAIN
Domain name not found: voip.freepbx.local
Last-Attempt-Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 16:00:05 -0800 (PST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
To: [email protected]
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2018 00:00:03 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Cron asterisk@VOIP /usr/sbin/fwconsole pms mk_dirty
Make the rooms dirty.

Hi!

Are you using the Property Management module?

It appears that this in an email sent from a cron job used for this module.

The mail server on your system is complaining that there is no such thing as a voip.freepbx.local (sub) domain name.

The easy fix uf you are not using the property management module is to deinstall it, it should normally remove that cron job.

The real fix however would be to use real domain names instead of freepbx.local for your system…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Happy new year!

Nick

1 Like

Hi Nick,

How easy would it be to give it a real domain name? What’s involved?

For some reason the system DID have property management installed and activated (|Commercial) - not something I have a need for to be honest!

Happy new year too!

Thanks for advice thus far.
Kind regards

Hire someone to register one for you or go to godaddy (for example) and register one there. Going with someone that does this for a living would frankly be simpler, since you don’t then have to futz around with a website you don’t need.

For what you are doing, though, you don’t need to register a domain name - you just need to make sure the mail is going to an account that actually can receive mail. Once you delete the Property Management module, your probably should go away.

Hi-

Oddly - I actually own a domain name, so am happy to give anything a go… I like to learn.

I do have a gmail acc dedicated to this for emails too which works lovley.

JOhn

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.