SSh password forgotten - SOLVED

Just an update. I’m now at the location where my pbx is at. I can not get ssh. I forgot the password. I can get into the web page but that is all. I know the username and password for that.

Edit: The version of the freepbx is FreePBX 12.0.76.3, Asterisk (Ver. 11.21.2) on the dashboard it states.

This process has worked for decades & should still work today: How to Reset or Change the Root Password in Linux | PhoenixNAP

Will I lose anything? I can not replace anything on there. The tftp of the phones files are on there I can not recover that.

What’s your alternative? Let it run indefinitely until it fails? No, you should not lose anything by rebooting into single user mode and setting the root password.

How do I get into a prompted to do all that when I have no root password?

i got a grub prompt but nio commands work from that link.

Follow the instructions, in particular the “edit the command line” ones.

For which os? I have no clue. I downloaded the freebpx iso from the site. it was 6 to 8 years ago.

I have tried to follow it and seems I ca not boot into hat it tells me to boot too.

https://sourceforge.net/p/boot-repair-cd/home/Home/

should get you through most problems.

I’m pretty sure the IncrediblePBX ISO used [Scientific Linux] (https://scientificlinux.org/) so it should be functionally similar to Redhat or Centos of the same generation ( 6.[?] depending on updates).

But his grub seems screwed so that needs fixing before any OS can be loaded :slight_smile:

It’s working now. I have my SSH back. I couldn’t remember my password. However I went through over searching and scanning my NAS system and backup drives to find any information I have stored on my server over 173 thousand files Scanned and search. I found one of my document files that had the password in it. So I’m in the processor of backing up everything even the configuration files for the pbx system.

Thank you to everyone who has tried to help me I finally found a doument that has all my information in it on a offline backup drive. I’m in the processing of saving all files and Building a new pbx. Once again thank you community for the Support and help.

Joseph

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.