Specific inbound routes won't work... What am I missing?

Hey everyone :wave:,

I’m pretty new to freePBX, but worked some time with Asterisk before…

I set up my freePBX on an external Ubuntu system. I successfully configured my SIP trunk and added a soft phone for testing.

Outbound calls from that soft phone work flawlessly… However, inbound calls show some strange behavior…

When I set a custom DID on the inbound route, the calls won’t go through to my soft phone. When I set no DID, the inbound calls do arrive without a problem though…

My SIP provider provides a 10-digit variable number block.
Base phone number is: 0049421989XXXX (basically only used for authentication…)
The usable phone numbers are:
0049421989XXXX1
0049421989XXXX2
0049421989XXXX3 and so on…

My understanding would be to simply add one of these numbers to the DID and only those specific calls should arrive at my phone…

This is not working…:point_down:

Is there any mistake?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Assuming SIP. Where in the INVITE does the provider place the DID value? The default is to expect it in the request URI. There is a special context for when it is in the To user part (from-pstn-toheader). Otherwise you will have to write custom code to parse it.

How can I check where the DID is placed by my provider?
I’m using Easybell…

I found the problem causing this behavior…

Apparently when using easybell, the inbound routes have to be configured like this…

If this is your auth_username / base phone number of your number block: 0049421989XXXX and you want to define an inbound route for only 0049421989XXXX1
You have to set the DID on the route in this format: 49421989XXXX1

Pretty weird but at least its working now…

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.