Sound Languages list shows nothing

I’m re-installing from the SNG7-FPBX-64bit-1710-1 ISO.

More info as soon as I’m done.

I don’t know what FreeBSD.org would return. I do know what freepbx.org would return.

Anyways when I said your server isn’t getting the data from our mirrors that is all I can see. You took that as a blame on your abilities and are now “techsplaining” to me about your years of using freepbx. Except you went out to the mirror server and downloaded a random file from ten years ago to tell me it was outdated.

Do you see the issue with the logic here? Every step in this “free” support is convoluted by wrong assumptions. “Your mirror is returning outdated data”… because you found a random file from 10 years ago and got the modification date off of it. One file you downloaded has a modification date from a long time ago and so the mirror server is “outdated”. “It’s not me I have been working with freepbx since 2005”. Ok. All I see is you not getting the data. That is all I can see.

The fact of the matter is that the code goes out and gets an xml file from mirror. Which you’d also be able to download through wget except freepbx uses php functions not wget. So checking through wget or your browser is a bit pointless that’s why I didn’t have you check it that way. So that’s another assumption made that when I say your server isn’t getting the data you decide to prove me wrong by wget-ing a random file

Do you not see how utterly frustrating this has been?

Your server is being told to go out and get an xml file. That file is parsed in php. In your case the parsing is failing because what it’s getting is not an xml file. That is all I know.

That’s not what we had to do but the issue that relates to you was fixed a long time ago with a try catch in case an IP address wasn’t in the block that we have :slight_smile:

No. I wanted you to run the command as I instructed. Next I would have asked you to run

fwconsole ma upgrade soundlang --edge

Then run the same command for list as I mentioned earlier.

After you have installed this go around please run that again.

Oh come on, it’s obviously a typo.

Yes, I understand that. Maybe you could have offered a little more detail on the mirror, such as an IP address, FQDN, something, so a person would have something to look for when troubleshooting with tcpdump, etc.

It would have been helpful if you would have offered some suggestions on things to look for when troubleshooting.

Do you not see how everything you have said was completely unhelpful, other than to say the server isn’t working?

Could you please provide more information on the IP address/FQDN that the server is trying to get the XML file from?

Thanks!

I’ve provided a few commands to try to help you. Where does that imply that everything I have said has been unhelpful.

Also I split this topic from the original because it’s not related to a two year old thread. I didn’t expect to get berated over a pm for splitting a thread.

Thank you!

[root@freepbx ~]# fwconsole ma upgrade soundlang —edge
No repos specified, using: [standard] from last GUI settings

Downloading module 'soundlang'
Processing soundlang
Downloading...
 105056/105056 [============================] 100%
Finished downloading
Extracting...Done
Download completed in 28 seconds
Updating table soundlang_packages...Done
Updating table soundlang_settings...Done
Updating table soundlang_customlangs...Done
Updating table soundlang_prompts...Done
Generating CSS...Done
Module soundlang successfully installed
Updating Hooks...Done
Downloading module '—edge'
The following error(s) occured:
 - Retrieved Module XML Was Empty

Still no languages listed.

You didn’t do anything. You have an error above.

This thread is getting too negative and I’m stepping out before it gets worse. Good luck.

1 Like

Huh? I ran the command you wanted me to run. If there was something else I should have done, I didn’t see any further instructions.

That certainly is your prerogative. I don’t know where the miscommunication between us started, but this obviously didn’t go how either one of us wanted. I would like to offer some feedback for your consideration.

I replied to the original thread, as it appeared to be the same problem I am having and it looked like there was some sort of solution, but it wasn’t clear in the original thread. I posted what I did, the distro, etc. Your reply was “Either your mirror url is wrong or you aren’t allowed to connect to our mirror servers.” While that may be technically correct, it offered essentially no information that would be helpful in troubleshooting the problem. How is a person supposed to know what the correct URL is or the FQDN/IP for your mirror servers based upon that?

I then outlined a little more info and you replied with “You are not able to access the mirror server. As I said previously. It is on your end.” Again, while this may be technically correct, it did not provide any information that would assist in troubleshooting.

There was then a tangent regard the mirror servers based upon me trying to figure out what the mirror servers are and if my server could reach them. Instead of providing some information that might help me in troubleshooting, you replied “Do you know what you are doing?” I get that often times customer support does deal with inexperienced people, and it can be frustrating, but that probably wasn’t the best approach.

Finally, you asked me to run a fwconsole command, which I did and it returned an error. You then responded again that my server can’t reach the mirrors. You still never confirmed the FQDN/IP of the correct mirror(s). You did provide some helpful information that wget won’t work to troubleshoot the connectivity problem, but didn’t offer something that would.

You then provided another fwconsole command for me to run, which I did and it came back with an error. You then state “You didn’t do anything. You have an error above.” I’m not sure what you mean by that, as I ran the commands you posted and provided the output from the commands. You then bailed from the thread, which is certainly your right.

I offer this not as a means/reason to argue with you, but to show how we are not communicating effectively and offering some suggestions how, from my point of view, we could have communicated better as well. I am under no illusion that I couldn’t have communicated better. We both were frustrated and that didn’t help.

I will continue to try to resolve this problem, because I believe FreePBX is the best open source PBX software available. If I find a solution, I will post it here, so that others may benefit in the future.

I solved the issue. I found the following in the freepbx.log:

[2019-Jan-16 23:23:16] [ERROR] (BMO/GPG.class.php:580) - Tried to refresh keys and failed with: gpg: refreshing 2 keys from hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
gpg: requesting key 69D2EAD9 from hkp server pool.sks-keyservers.net
gpg: requesting key B33B4659 from hkp server pool.sks-keyservers.net
gpg: key 69D2EAD9: "FreePBX Mirror 1 (Module Signing - 2014/2015) <[email protected]>" not changed
gpg: packet(13) too large
gpg: read_block: read error: Invalid packet
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:              unchanged: 1

This fixed the gpg key problem:

sudo -u asterisk gpg --refresh-keys --keyserver pool.sks-keyservers.net

I now have the languages listed in Sound Languages.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.