[SOLVED!] Warning message - Asked to transmit frame type slin, while native formats is 0x4 (ulaw)

Hi,

I’ve noticed that when an inbound call using chan_mobile, is in the ringing state I see the following warning message repeated continuously in the console/logs e.g:

Once the call is answered the warning messages above cease and everything is fine. No issues on outbound calls using this or any other channel. All my extensions are restricted to use ulaw and alaw codecs and h264 for video.

Ordinarily I’d turn a blind eye as everything else is fine but with many inbound calls using chan_mobile this causes the logs to fill up very quickly - to give you some idea about 10 seconds of ringing causes around 5400 warnings to be generated!

I’ve thought about perhaps forcing Asterisk to transcode from slin to ulaw…there is an option in asterisk.conf for:

Should I enable that option or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Many thanks

Sean

FreePBX 2.9.0.10
Asterisk 1.8.7.0 with presence and video format patches
Centos 6.2 (kernel-2.6.32-220.7.1.el6.x86_64)

It turns out there is a bug with which causes the CLI/logs to flood with these warning messages.

A simple patch to channel.c has resolved the problem. Now my logs are clean and not jamming up with garbage!!

See this JIRA entry for details.

It looks like this patch is in mainline now. The latest distro updates should catch this.

Good spot there Scott.

Yes its clear in the asterisk change log that the patch made it into main asterisk release from 1.8.8.0 on.