[SOLVED] UCP - 403 Errors / Client denied by server configuration

I noticed a few people reporting this error, so I thought I would share what I had found.

My apache2 configurations (in /etc/apache2) were correct.

However, I found in

The .htaccess file denies access to most files, but then selectively enables access on a per-file-type basis.
<FilesMatch "(^$|index\.html|index\.php|ajax\.php|\.(gif|GIF|jpg|jpeg|png|css|js|swf|txt|ico|ttf|svg|eot|woff|woff2|wav|mp3|aac|ogg|webm|less)$)">

This list of file extensions does not cover all the filetypes now included in the /assets folder - notably .otf and .map were missing. Adjusting that line to read
<FilesMatch "(^$|index\.html|index\.php|ajax\.php|\.(map|otf|gif|GIF|jpg|jpeg|png|css|js|swf|txt|ico|ttf|svg|eot|woff|woff2|wav|mp3|aac|ogg|webm|less)$)">

fixed my UCP access problems.

Reminder - .htaccess is a hidden file, so you need to do a
ls -la
to view it.

Your edits will be lost on the next UCP module upgrade. Can you open a ticket please with your findings so development can make the changes permanent. https://issues.freepbx.org/

Yeah, it started to through security warnings about file tampering, and then when I fixed that it reverted.

I’ll ticket it now.


This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.